By joining IBS you help to support the mission of this society to foster communication and collaboration between biogeographers in disparate academic fields, increase both the awareness and interests of the scientific community and the lay public in the contributions of biogeographers, and promote the training and education of biogeographers so that they may develop sound strategies for studying and conserving the world's biota.
All memberships are renewable at any time and active for one year. Memberships support IBS activities, including organization of the biennial conferences, travel awards for students to attend the conferences, production of the IBS journal Frontiers of Biogeography, and organization of off-year symposia and conferences. All members whose dues have been paid are entitled to full membership benefits, which include:
1) the opportunity to participate in international meetings of the Society,
2) discounts (up to 20%) on books published in association with IBS, and select additional book offers,
3) free online access to post-1995 volumes of four Wiley journals: Journal of Biogeography, Global Ecology & Biogeography, Diversity & Distributions, and Ecography, all journals covering aspects of biogeography and ecology,
4) a 20% discount on access to two additional Wiley-Blackwell journals: Journal of Avian Biology and Oikos,
5) reduced publication costs in Frontiers of Biogeography, the open access scientific journal of the IBS, and
6) discounted registration fee for conferences.
Note: If your e-mail has changed recently, or you would like to change your registration type (dues noted below) please send an email to Karen Faller [email@example.com]
Membership categories are Regular, Student, and Developing Country.
$40/year - Regular IBS Membership, suggested for member income levels <45,000 USD.
$55/year - Regular IBS Membership, suggested for member income levels 45,000 USD to 65,000 USD.
$70/year - Regular IBS Membership, suggested for member income levels 65,000 USD or more.
$100/year - IBS Benefactor, for those able to provide increased support for IBS programs.
Dues for students are $30 per year. Students are defined as undergraduates (= college students), graduate students (= post-graduates), and those who have recently completed a Masters or PhD degree but are not yet employed.
Developing Country Membership
Developing Country Memberships dues of $25 are available to individuals who are citizens of a developing country and currently residing in that country. Click here for a list of developing countries.
Please choose the membership appropriate for your income level.
If you would like to make a one-time general donation to support the IBS, you can either make a donation when renewing your membership, or click on the 'Donate Now' button below. If you would like to make a targeted donation, please use the 'Donate Now' button, as it will give you the opportunity to direct your donation to a certain area. Thank you for your generosity!